Quantcast

SB Client W32MKDE.exe error

Martin Hutchinson
Hi,

I wondered if anyone had come across this error? We have users logging
into a terminal server (windows 2003 server sp2) and using SBClient to
access a Unidata based system. Some users have no problems staring SB
Client but some get the following error:

Microkernel Database EngineVersion 6.15.430: W32MKDE.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at "0x0043b7cb" referenced memory at "0x0000000c" The
memory could not be read.

Followed by:

'C:\Program Files\IBM\SBClient\TU' is not a valid account'

We have tried rebooting the terminal server then reinstalling SB Client
but with no effect. The error appears user based.

regards

Martin Hutchinson
Web Control Ltd

________________________
Web Control (UK) Ltd
Atlantic House,
Michigan Drive,
Tongwell,
Milton Keynes,
MK15 8HQ

T: +44(0)1908 216700 x4
F: +44(0)1908 216300

http://www.webcontrolltd.co.uk

Web Control (UK) Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 4118558. VAT number: 770 3363 38
-------
u2-users mailing list

RE: SB Client W32MKDE.exe error

David Wolverton
There is a special installation for Terminal Services you have to follow -
that would be question #1.

ALSO - I've seen issues where any user signing on 'locks' the ability of
SBClient to launch a 2nd instance in another terminal services session under
the same login. I have that all the time at some sites -- if I get a 'new'
instance but another is still 'running' , I always see "TU not a valid
account" (but don't see the 'microkernal database' error.)

The MicroKernel errors -- Hmmm... - Are you running PeachTree on the same
machine?  That (and many other application!) that use Btrieve code can cause
all sorts of MicroKernel conflict issues...

You might want to post this to the SB User Group as well...

Lots of random thoughts there - hope one of the them 'sticks'!

David W.

-------
u2-users mailing list